Saturday, June 18, 2011

Poetry is my sin

is this really it?
this is what i've become?
after all of the sh.it i've done
things i've seen
things i've been through
i've been corrupted
tainted
stained
scarred
damaged beyond recognition
yet still
i'm still me
sadly, but still
i'm me
this is me now
not me then
i used to be so full of life
ambition
hope
faith in myself
and what i was capable of
not anymore
all innocence is lost
i am that child no more
this is my life now
unjust
cruel
lonely
the thoughts controlling your mind
they have changed as well
everything changed
i am not the same
i am different
i have changed
but not for the better it seems
i used to be happy
full of life
joy
family
friends who cared
a life i wanted
not this life i have
now i am bitter
cold
resentful
family is trying to help
but they'll never understand
friends are fading
they wouldn't accept the new you
the real you
this monster
under the mask
hiding
under the bed
waiting for the right moment
to jump out of the shadows
into the light
and into
the depths
of
reality

1 comment:

  1. this poem is amazing as well. you're such a talented writer. i feel like i can relate to the feelings put into all the poems i've read so far. keep up the fantastic writing,i'm a fan. please check out my blog as well if you get a chance,it's mostly poetry. :)

    ReplyDelete